In the battle of Miri versus my calcified-fascia-ridden body, Miri emerged the champion.
I walked in a hot, twisted mess of tension, aches, knots . . . and from Miri's knockout combo of deep tissue massage and craniosacral magic (and whatever other modalities she incorporates in her style), I walked out of feeling relaxed and thoroughly tenderized, in the best way.
I've had over 15+ years of different kinds of bodywork on this meatsuit of mine, and have developed my own standard of what makes an excellent massage, for me:
1) Clear communication with CMT prior to session about boundaries, injuries, needs
2) Soothing, comforting atmosphere with an energetically clean space
3) Calibrating pressure on my body with CMT to develop a touch-based "shorthand"
4) Confidence and trust that my bodyworker has taken in and paid attention to all the needs we spoke about, so that I can completely drop into the session and let go.
5) Session customized/tailored to my needs and not just a rote "seque...